CONEX-Korea 2017 Is Small Affair
The of Conex Korea 2017, Korea International Construction Equipment Exhibition, was held at the KOREA Korea International Exhibition and Convention Center (CONEX) in Seoul May 24 - 27. An estimated 250 companies exhibited at the event, according to show management, and approximately 37,000 visitors were expected for the exhibition.
Final numbers were not immediately available.The show covered 21,384 sq. m. under roof, and another 5,635 sq. m. outdoors.
The show was operated by KOCEMA, the Korea Construction Equipment Manufacturers Association.
My impressions from walking the show for two days, were:
- The scale of the show was smaller than expected. There were not many booths, and many spaces remained open. The crowds were smaller than anticipated. No attendance or exhibitor numbers were immediately available.
- Some exhibitors said the scale of the show was affected by the difficult economic situation in Korea, including the slumping domestic market and uncertainty about the future.
- Unfortunately, many of the exhibitors said they experienced slower than usual traffic.
- In addition to Conex Korea, two concurrent shows were held at KINTEX:
- “Truck & Bus Mega Fair” (produced by Hyundai)
- “Korea International Boat Show”
Read the complete report with photos by downloading the PDF with this article.