Profitable Possibilities: Products and Services
CV Link™: CV Production and OEM Equipment Analysis
CV Link™, the proprietary database built and maintained by Power Systems Reasearch, provides OEM and vehicle details, plus production, forecast and specification data for on-highway commercial vehicles.
CV Link™ is a powerful resource that can make your planning more effective. It provides in-depth data to identify:
- Prospective partners
- Product line extensions
- Target markets
- Growth opportunities by region and country
The granular detail in CV Link™ enables you to effectively evaluate market opportunities. Using CV Link™, you can optimize your decision-making for a competive advantage.
CV Link™ enables you to drill down to identify:
- Global production and forecast data
- Regional production and forecast volume summaries
- Vehicles by weight class
- OEM names and brands
- OEM production locations
- Engine model detail
- Transmission model detail
Now it's easy to find the data at the level of detail you require.
Simple as 1, 2, 3
The CV Link database system and dashboard is user friendly. If you can use Excel or QlikView, you can use CV Link Report Writer. It's as simple as 1,2,3.
- 1. Define your parameters
- For example: Evaluate the industry share of Class 7 Trucks produced in North America.
- 2. Narrow your search by region and application
- North America and Class 7 Trucks.
- 3. Produce your report and evaluate your information
- North America, Class 7 Trucks, OEMs, models, brands, engine specifications, and production numbers.
Class 7 Truck Production Trend — North America
CV Link™ combines quantitative and qualitative analysis to produce a comprehensive forecast of the global commercial vehicle market. The quantitative method applies a complex forecast model to existing historical production data in order to produce a baseline forecast. Qualitative techniques are then incorporated into this forecast by Power Systems Research analysts to adjust for external forces and underlying assumptions in the market data.
This resource is used by leading...
- Medium/Heavy vehicle and engine manufacturers
- Parts suppliers and systems integrators
- Industry associations
- Government agencies and regulators
- Financial analysts and more
CV Link™ Includes:
- Class 4-8 medium and heavy trucks, bus and motor home chassis
- Historical and forecast production volume data (annual and quarterly)
- Vehicle model and engine installation detail
- OEM production plant and vehicle platform profiles.
- Exhaust emission data details
Additional Data Modules Include:
- Lubricants (OEM recommended engine oils, sump capacity and drain intervals)
- Cylinder block and head material
- Customized client-defined modules
- Batteries and electric system details
- Fuel injection group (FIE)
- Transmission model detai
- Market Data - Historical production volumes and a five-year forecast of future commercial vehicle production.
- OEM Analysis - Extensive analysis on future OEM production, processes, strategies, alliances and product development.
- Vehicle Platform Analysis - Short- and long-term vehicle platform analysis including future production and plant operation detail.
- Economic Analysis - Comprehensive analysis on regional economic conditions that presents a macroeconomic perspective.
Database users can subscribe to an additional database module containing key engine information including engine installations and engine specifications.
CV Link™ is accessible through an Internet-based platform that allows subscribers to access, organize and download the latest market data anytime from anywhere in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the scope of your data?
- More than 5,000 OEMs, 13 Industry Segments, 90 Application Classifications, and 200+ Product Categories.
- Where do you get your data?
- Power Systems Research analysts regularly contact OEMs, component suppliers, dealers, distributors, trade associations, and industry experts. They identify thousands of hard data points, statistics and industry specific facts. This data is compared to hundreds of industry benchmarks compiled by PSR and used for validation.
- How accurate is your data? How do you know it’s any good?
- PSR’s global data is considered by the company’s clients to be some of the best available. They rely on the insights this data brings to their decision-making process, year after year. This makes it imperative we employ a rigorous and consistent methodology to assure accurate, reliable results. Technical data, including engine specifications, is obtained through OEM channels.
- How can I have access to the data?
- Annual subscriptions are available for all Power System Research databases. These offer unlimited online access to production and forecast data, plus support documentation, quarterly country economic profile reports, and PSR’s client support services. Data also is available as a single extract file, typically delivered in an Excel™ spreadsheet format.
- Is there a free trial version?
- There is no trial version available. However, you may obtain a sample of the data you are considering. Please contact your account representative (or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Is your data global?
- All PSR databases are global, and are tabulated by region and country.
- How often is the data updated?
- Production data and forecasts are updated at the beginning of each calendar quarter. Subscribers receive a quarterly Update Bulletin that highlights significant data changes and revisions, along with a forecast for each of the major global regions that runs about 40 pages.
- Do you obtain forecasts from each OEM in the database?
- PSR analysts contact OEMs on a regular basis. All PSR forecasts are developed through demand-based analysis, and are not an aggregation of individual OEM projections. PSR