Profitable Possibilities: Products and Services
PartsLink™ Tracks In-Service Engines and Equipment Population
PartsLink™ is a comprehensive resource providing in-service population data for engine-powered vehicles and equipment. Historical, current and forecast population data are included for more than 200 countries and over 300 product categories of engine-powered vehicles and equipment.
When you're considering specific products in operation in a given country, PartsLink™ helps you identify growth opportunities, understand market complexities and determine market potential. It also provides benchmarks to measure industry share and sales performance.
PartsLink™ is used by leading...
- Vehicle and equipment manufacturers
- Parts suppliers and systems integrators
- Industry associations
- Government agencies and regulators
- Financial analysts and more
Product specifications include:
- Units in service
- Year produced
- Segment, application and product classification
- OEM name and brand
- Engine supplier
- Region or country of sale
- Information from multiple industries and markets
PartsLink™ can help you:
- Identify original equipment manufacturers
- Quantify OEM historical and forecast production
- Understand product line potential
- Measure industry share
- Monitor growth trends
- Develop industry benchmarks
- Study competitor profiles
FIE Module allows you to identify trends in Fuel Injection Equipment (FIE) population, analyze aftermarket opportunities for fuel injection systems and evaluate demand for replacement components.
Turbo Module allows you to identify trends for turbocharger installations for each engine model, including both diesel and spark ignition engines in various applications.
For more information about modules and components, see the Components Module Directory.
Now it's easy to find the data at the level of detail you require.
Simple as 1, 2, 3
The PartsLink database system and dashboard is user friendly. If you can use Excel or QlikView, you can use PartsLink Report Writer. It's as simple as 1,2,3.
- 1. Define your parameters
- For example: Evaluate the population of crawler excavators in China.
- 2. Narrow your search by region and application
- China and excavators.
- 3. Produce your report and evaluate your information
- China in-service population of crawler excavators, 2016–2022.
Crawler Excavator Population Trend — China
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the scope of your data?
- More than 5,000 OEMs, 13 Industry Segments, 90 Application Classifications, and 200+ Product Categories.
- Where do you get your data?
- Power Systems Research analysts regularly contact OEMs, component suppliers, dealers, distributors, trade associations, and industry experts. They identify thousands of hard data points, statistics and industry specific facts. This data is compared to hundreds of industry benchmarks compiled by PSR and used for validation.
- How accurate is your data? How do you know it’s any good?
- PSR’s global data is considered by the company’s clients to be some of the best available. They rely on the insights this data brings to their decision-making process, year after year. This makes it imperative we employ a rigorous and consistent methodology to assure accurate, reliable results. Technical data, including engine specifications, is obtained through OEM channels.
- How can I have access to the data?
- Annual subscriptions are available for all Power System Research databases. These offer unlimited online access to production and forecast data, plus support documentation, quarterly country economic profile reports, and PSR’s client support services. Data also is available as a single extract file, typically delivered in an Excel™ spreadsheet format.
- Is there a free trial version?
- There is no trial version available. However, you may obtain a sample of the data you are considering. Please contact your account representative (or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Is your data global?
- All PSR databases are global, and are tabulated by region and country.
- How often is the data updated?
- Production data and forecasts are updated at the beginning of each calendar quarter. Subscribers receive a quarterly Update Bulletin that highlights significant data changes and revisions, along with a forecast for each of the major global regions that runs about 40 pages.
- Do you obtain forecasts from each OEM in the database?
- PSR analysts contact OEMs on a regular basis. All PSR forecasts are developed through demand-based analysis, and are not an aggregation of individual OEM projections. PSR