CV Lube Forecast: 2020
ST. PAUL, MINN., NOV. 4, 2016 – If you're trying to determine lubricant demand for class 8 vehicles in North America over the next five years, you know it's not a simple task, largely because there are a number of inter-related assumptions and potential areas of uncertainty involved.
As we review the topic of class 8 vehicles in this report, we'll consider:
• What is the annual production forecast for class 8 vehicles in North America through 2021?
• How do changes in annual class 8 vehicle production trends impact the in-service population of class 8 vehicles?
• What are the expected trends for changes in transmission technology that could affect the use of lubricants class 8 vehicles?
• What would the first fill and aftermarket engine oil requirements be in terms of an individual class 8 truck model?
• How these forecasts apply to one model, the Freightliner Cascadia.
Fortunately, much of this data has been collected by Power Systems Research and integrated into its proprietary databases. Using this data down to the model level, PSR analysts can make accurate forecasts of lubricant demand out to 2021.
To read this entire report, simply download the PDF at the begining of this article. PSR