UPDATED ON: October 3, 2019
Article 1. Definition
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies do lots of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and goods and services you wish to purchase, and providing you with content that is relevant to you and your interests. You can find more information about cookies from these websites:
In this Cookie Use Policy, the following words or groups of words have the meanings set out in this section; the definition of a word in the singular is used when the word is used in the plural in this Cookie Use Policy and vice versa; when the defined words or groups of words are used in this Cookie Use Policy, the first letter of the word (or each word) is a capital letter; when the same word is used in the Cookie Use Policy without capital letters, it does not have the meaning set out in this section, but the meaning of the language is used.
- Cookie Use Policy:
- The term “Cookie Use Policy” or “Policy” refers to this document
- The term “Website” refers to the website www.powersys.com
- The term “User” means any person using the Website for any purpose
- Data controller:
- The term “Data controller” refers to Power Systems Research, Inc., an American company with registered office seat located in USA, 1365 Corporate Center Curve 2nd Fl, Eagan, MN 55121
Article 2. Object
The purpose of this document is to determine the conditions under which the Data controller uses certain “cookies” within the Website and the Data controller intends to inform the User about the use of these cookies in accordance with the applicable regulation.
Different types of cookies are used on the Website:
- Cookies for technical purposes
- Without these cookies, the Website could not function properly and therefore these cookies cannot be disabled.
- Functional Cookies
- These are cookies that are used to improve the functionality of the Website and the personal use made of it, such as cookies that retain the content consulted or the e-mail address and password entered during a previous identification and/or visit.
- Analytical Cookies
- These are cookies that make it possible to know the use and performance of the various sections of the Website in order to improve its operation.
We use the following cookies:
- Google Analytics (_ga):
- This cookie collects information about the User’s use of the website for analysis purposes. This data is stored for 2 years.
- Google Analytics (_gid):
- Allows users to be distinguished by means of a unique identifier with Google analytics. This data is stored for 24 hours.
- Google Analytics (_gat):
- This cookie limits data collection if too many user requests have been received for a page, some user requests are blocked and results are projected. This cookie is stored for 1 minute.
- This cookie stores the letter code for last language used for browsing our site. The cookie is store for 1 year.
- This cookie records your acceptance of cookies from this site and prevents the cookie notice from appearing at the bottom of the page. This data is stored for 30 days.
Article 4. Cookie Management
All Internet browsers allow you to manage the cookies that are installed on your computer or device, you can block or allow cookies or indicate the specific sites whose cookies you accept.
For more information on this subject, you can consult the configuration settings of your Internet browser, which may nevertheless have an impact on the use of the sites or applications made available by the Data controller.
If you wish to decline these commercial cookies (e.g. Google, Criteo or Facebook), you can do so using the following website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
If you do not wish to receive advertising based on your browsing habits and remarketing cookies, such as Google’s, you can change the Google Ads Preferences Manager settings. Google also recommends installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Note: If you make any changes, please be aware that these do not affect any cookies that may have been installed on your computer prior to these changes, so you will also need to delete them specifically if you wish to disable these cookies.
Article 5. Amendments
The Data controller reserves the right to modify or update this Cookie Use Policy at any time, so you should be aware of the most current version of this document as posted on the Data controller’s Website.